|At Gold Coast Packing Inc., food safety is an integral part of our entire operation, which includes growing, harvesting, processing, packaging, warehousing and distribution.|
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY PROGRAM
• Microbiological Testing Program - Our new, fully equipped "in-house" Microbiological Laboratory performs raw product, in-process, finished product and environmental testing.
• Pre-Op Inspections - These are performed every morning prior to startup to ensure that the facilities and equipment are clean. ATP swabbing is performed to evaluate our sanitation crew's performance.
• Metal Detection Program - All finished-product processing lines include metal detectors that are routinely employed throughout the day.
• HAACP Program - All Critical Control Points (CCPs) in our operation are identified, monitored and documented.
• Trace/Recall Program - Our Recall Team conducts mock recall drills to ensure complete and timely retreival of any suspect product. All raw and finished products are "lot coded" and can be traced back to specific suppliers, growers, ranches, fields and plots.
• Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) - Food safety begins on the farm. All products harvested for Gold Coast Packing are harvested using current Good Agricultural Practices.
• Good Manufacturing Practices - We always operate in compliance with the FDA's Code of Federal Regulations - Title 21 - Part 110.
• 3rd Party Food Safety Audits - Primus Labs conducts audits of the processing plant, coolers, harvest crews and ranches.
• Training - All newly-hired and current employees are trained in all aspects of Gold Coast Packing's Food Safety Program.
The goal of our Food Safety and Quality Program is to institute a proactive food safety system whereby any potential product hazard is anticipated and controlled.
GOLD COAST PACKING INC.
Admin: P.O. Box 102 • SANTA MARIA, CA 93456 • 1205 W. Craig Drive • SANTA MARIA, CA 93458
PHONE: (805) 928 - 2593 • FAX: (805) 922 - 8719 • WWW.GOLDCOASTPACK.COM